Monday, August 12, 2013

Birthday Cheesecake


I love celebrating birthdays. Not so much mine, but other peoples. I like to make them feel special. One of my favorite things to do is bake and try out new recipes so birthdays where I can give people a cake as their present are perfect in my mind.

My boyfriend’s 29th birthday was on August 10th. I had been planning what I was going to do for months before. I bought him a NY Yankees hat that he had been eyeing and then had to use all my power to make sure he didn’t buy it himself. Of course, as soon as I bought one online, they showed up in ALL the stores here. So, I am proud of myself that I succeeded.

IMG_1348

He has told me many times that he has never celebrated his birthday, even when he was a kid, since he was from such a big family. So, this was his first real birthday party! I couldn’t let him down.
His favorite candy is snickers and I have always wanted to try making a cheesecake. So, what’s better than a snickers cheesecake?


 

IMG_1360

I used the recipe from My Baking Addiction, one of my favorite blogs with tons of delicious recipes. Let me tell you it turned out AMAZING. Like seriously perfect. No cracks, no crevasses and super creamy. Everyone loved it.

IMG_1361

I also made the caramel sauce on top from Two Peas and their Pod which was a perfect complement to the not overly sweet cheesecake.

IMG_1365


IMG_1380

No comments:

Post a Comment