Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Tourist in My Own City: Palau de Les Arts

While browsing events in Valencia on Facebook, I came across an article for free tickets to the opening symphony of the season. Classical music and free things are two of my favorite things! I was also extra excited because it meant I could finally go in one of the buildings in La Ciudad de Artes y Ciencias.


P1210557 P1270382

The tickets were given out Friday at 10:30am outside the Palau de Les Arts. When I arrived at 10 I was surprised at how many people showed up! Luckily, they weren’t all given away by the time I got to the front of the line.

We arrived early to explore the building. It had some beautiful views of the gardens and some really cool architecture. The performances spaces include individual spots for concerts, opera, theater and dance.

P1270386

The symphony took place in one of the smaller venues on the upper levels. A really cool courtyard with gardens was right outside the door.

 P1270391 P1270392

The music itself was really beautiful, everyone sounded really good and they had a nice selection of pieces. The one thing that I thought was a little too much was when the maestro came out of back stage to bow 5 times! He wasn’t even anyone famous. I guess he just needed a little ego boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment